SVE già approvato ad Atene, in Grecia
YAP Italia e l'associazione greca ELIX cercano un/a volontario/a per il progetto del Servizio Volontario Europeo di 12 mesi ad Atene, già approvato. Le attività previste riguarderanno la promozione del volontariato internazionale, partecipazione alle campagne di sensibilizzazione sulla mobilità giovanile e ai campi di volontariato. La partenza è prevista per il 1 Marzo 2016. Candidature entro il 17 Febbraio 2016.
EVS project - Volunteering is in Our Nature! - already approved
- Travel costs (max 275,00 euro)
- Accommodation: Volunteer will live with others volunteers in an apartment in Athens
- Food allowances - The volunteer will receive monthly food allowance
- Pocket Money (100 euro per month)
- Greek language course - Linguistic Support
- EVS insurance
- Local transport card
Host organisation: ELIX - Conservation Volunteers Greece is a non-governmental not-for-profit organization, promoting since 1987, voluntary service and education. Main goal is the personal development of individuals as citizens of the world, through active participation. Environmental protection, cultural heritage conservation, culture promotion and social service are the main thematic fields of voluntary projects. More info on: http://www.elix.org.gr/index.php/en/
Project description: The activity is hosted mainly in Athens, in the office of ELIX. Athens is a multicultural city offering many opportunities for social activities but also it is a city of social challenges. Against this backdrop, ELIX is trying to contribute actively, giving opportunities to young people for active participation. ELIX's office is an information center for thousands of volunteers willing to participate in volunteer projects, educational seminars and cultural exchanges in Greece and around the world. Moreover, ELIX's office is the main place where all the planning and coordination is done for various voluntary projects organized in local communities across Greece aiming to promote volunteering, active participation and new skills acquaintance within non-formal learning methods.
Each volunteer works closely with all the staff members of the organization and has the opportunity to be actively involved in all the necessary steps of the organization of several voluntary activities and especially voluntary workcamps. This service enables the volunteer to have a significant experience within a voluntary organization active in sectors of youth and lifelong learning, acquire new skills, get in touch with volunteers of all ages from Greece and around the world and last but not least live in a multicultural environment. Most of the service takes place in Athens while during the summer months (July and August) volunteers will participate in voluntary projects organized across Greece.
The volunteer is going to work directly in our organization, which aims to raise awareness of the meaning of diversity and promote intercultural dialogue through voluntary actions.
Each volunteer will have the chance to develop his/her organizational skills by being involved in the preparation and implementation of different kind of volunteer activities, improve his/her sense of responsibility and initiative towards the tasks undertaken, work in a team in a highly multicultural environment, meet different people and cultures.
Besides that, he/she will have the opportunity to develop a social network and participate in seminars, trainings and other cultural actions of ELIX or partner organizations.
Finally, all the services and advantages that the volunteer has the right to enjoy, will be provided, according to the ERASMUS+ programme Guide.
The volunteer will support ELIX during the preparation, implementation and evaluation mainly of the international voluntary projects organized all around Greece as well as of different projects and activities such as youth exchanges, trainings etc.
He/She will work closely with an experienced staff member of ELIX.
Tasks of the volunteer:
- Supporting the organization of international voluntary projects (preparation coordination evaluation)
- Active participation in exhibitions, festivals and awareness campaigns to promote voluntary activities and ERASMUS+ programme (visit school classes, speak about volunteering)
- Supporting everyday function of ELIX office
- Involvement in the organization of 1- 2 day voluntary activities
- Participating in trainings and seminars of ELIX dealing with volunteering and informal learning
- Cooperation and Communication with partner organizations of ELIX from all over the world
- Supporting the coordination of international voluntary projects in Athens and in local communities
- Supporting the reception of volunteers in Greece (airport pick up, travel assistance)
- Supporting the design of European projects
- Possibility of organizing his/her own voluntary project within the priorities of the organization
Volunteer candidates will have experience with volunteering within their own country and are likely to have undergone placements within their sending organizations.
a strong interest in environmental issues and volunteerism
the ability to live and work as part of a European team of volunteers
an interest in intercultural experiences
a commitment to developing links with the communities in which they are placed
a commitment to using the experiences and skills gained during the programme to benefit their own community
the ability to work in a metropolitan city like Athens and also in isolated and remote villages
excellent computer skills (word, excel, outlook, internet)
excellent level of English
It is very wise to save some money before coming to Athens. The pocket and food money is decent for EVS, but won’t leave you a lot of space to explore Greece. If you really want to enjoy your EVS, explore the country and meet up with other EVS volunteers in other cities we would highly recommend to have some other resources than the basic EVS allowances. Another fact is that your EVS insurance is not paying for any healthcare in advance as long as you are not administered in the hospital. This means that you have to pay in advance for your healthcare and have to wait weeks before MSH is reimbursing the money back to your bank account.
Candidates have to complete an application form through which relevant information about their skills, suitability for the placement and commitment to the environmental, intercultural and community elements of the programme will be gathered.
Da Gennaio 2014 è attivo un nuovo programma chiamato Erasmus+, al cui interno è confluito il Servizio Volontario Europeo.
Cos’è il Servizio Volontario Europeo?
Il Servizio Volontario Europeo permette ai giovani di impegnarsi nel volontariato per un massimo di 12 mesi, in un Paese diverso da quello di residenza. L’esperienza accresce la solidarietà tra i giovani ed è un vero "servizio di apprendimento". Infatti, oltre ad operare a favore delle comunità locali, i volontari apprendono nuove capacità e nuove lingue, entrando in contatto con nuove culture. Un progetto di questo tipo si avvale dei principi e dei metodi di apprendimento non formale.
Tutti i partecipanti allo SVE hanno diritto a ricevere il Certificato Youthpass, che descrive e convalida l’esperienza di apprendimento non formale e informale e i risultati acquisiti durante il progetto (risultati dell’apprendimento).
Un SVE non è…
- occasionale, non strutturato, part-time
- un tirocinio in azienda
- un lavoro retribuito (e non deve sostituire lavori retribuiti)
- un’attività ricreativa o turistica
- un corso di lingua
- sfruttamento di manodopera a basso costo
- un periodo di studio o di formazione professionale all’estero
Chi può partecipare?
- Giovani tra i 18 ed i 30 anni (non si deve aver compiuto il 31° anno d'età al momento della domanda di finanziamento)
- Legalmente residenti in uno dei Paesi dell'Unione Europea
Il programma Erasmus+ finanzia:
- Contributo alla spese di viaggio di andata e ritorno dei partecipanti calcolato sulla base della distanza del viaggio (esempio per distanze tra i 100 e i 499 Km è di 180 euro)
- le spese di vitto e alloggio (attraverso un contributo economico che viene dato all'associazione di accoglienza non al volontario)
- le spese per il trasporto da casa a lavoro,
- una copertura assicurativa sanitaria con AXA
- la formazione linguistica
- un Pocket Money mensile per il volontario per le proprie spese personali di circa un centinaio di euro, a seconda del paese
Dove posso cercare altri progetti SVE?
Esiste un unico DATABASE ufficiale su Internet con tutti i progetti SVE disponibili in Europa: